Here in magical Morocco we have the perfect destination for a very relaxed, week long kayaking holiday. Set in the magnificent Middle Atlas mountain range the river Ahansal gushes fresh from the rocks and runs deep through a dramatic river gorge, you'll feel like you are starring in a movie. This remote river journey travels through some stunning scenery and is the perfect antidote to those winter blues. A chance to dust off the cobwebs from your kayak and paddle clear warm waters, beneath blue skies, in a truly intoxicating location. Of course you can also try out one of our up to date playboats which we will be more than happy to provide for you. And after your river adventure we then take you out to the coast to enjoy the surf and relax on a gorgeous stretch of beach near Essaouira. And in addition a chance to explore the mystical city of Marrakech, get lost in the souqs and marvel at the snake charmers. Morocco will delight you in so many ways.
Arrive Marrakech and dine at Djeema el Fna. Hotel for the night.
Not included: Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
Gorgeous drive to the heart of the Atlas mountains. Views are stunning and we camp beneath a mountain similar to half dome in Yosemite, USA, and watch the sun set.
Included: All meals
Wholesome breakfast, thorough safety and paddle briefings from our expert team, then paddle down one off the best rivers in North Africa, through some gorgeous scenery.
Included: All meals
Bouncy technical rapids, like "Wee Stinky" and a great camp for the evening amongst cedar trees!
Included: All meals
With crystal clear water, try your hand at fishing, to see if you can catch tonight supper. The fun rapids are punctuated by a relaxing lunch and then "cheeky little monkey" rapid to end our day on the river!
Included: All meals
After a great breakfast we join the river for the last of the fun rapids, before we meet our boat which tows us across Lake Bin El Ouidane, and then drive back to Marrakech and our final nights meal together.
Included: Breakfast and lunch.
Drive to Essaouira and head out to the surf in our boats or perhaps try your hand at Kite surfing!
Another day playing on the Beach!
After a morning on the beach catching the last few waves (or rays) we board our boater bus back to Marrakech where the afternoon is yours to relax or do some shopping.
Our detailed adventure dossiers goes into a full daily itinerary for your chosen destination. They will also give you travel advice, visa and currency information, who might be guiding your trip, plus information on ways to extend your holiday.
Download Detailed Itinerary
Dates & Prices
Flights To Marrakech, Morocco
We suggest that all of our clients from the UK and Europe check out the best deals on Skyscanner which will list all options from your nearest airport. Many "low cost" airlines such as Easyjet have excellent options from London, Edinburgh and Manchester and Ryanair from other airports in the UK. Scheduled flights can be taken with Royal Air Maroc from North America into Casablanca and then connecting flights through to Marrakech. We have all the gear for your paddling trip, but feel free to bring your own paddle and personal paddling gear except your boat! Please note to fly in on Day 1 as listed below (anytime) and depart on the last day (anytime). We can of course organise extra nights for you if that gives you cheaper flight options. Please do not book your flights until the trip is CONFIRMED.
Kayaking - Mellow Morocco
What You Should Bring
We find most of our clients have in their posession already what is needed for a river journey. We have broken down here the items into what you'll need on the river and in camp. An equipment list of what you will require for your adventure will be sent to you prior to your departure.
- A pair of Chacos or similar sandals. Trainers are also okay.
- A pair of River shorts or swimming costume.
- Long sleeved business shirt to wear under your life jacket in hot destinations.
- A baseball cap for under the helmet to keep sun off.
- Wide brimmed sunhat.
- Chums for fastening your sunglasses to your head.
- Nalgene or similar water bottle.
- Carabiner for fastening water bottle to your boat.
- Thermal Top for cooler destinations. Medium weight - Heavyweight Capilene or polypropylene is the best.
- Waterproof sunscreen and lip balm SPF15 minimum.
For evenings and around camp
- Lightweight long trousers.
- Lightweight Long Sleeved shirt.
- Fleece jacket.
- Ladies should bring a long skirt or sarong to cover your legs whilst in the company of locals.
- Glasses or Contact lenses. Disposable lenses are ideal.
- Toiletries. Toothbrush, toothpaste, biodegradable soap and shampoo.
- Forget the cosmetics and hair dryer! But we do suggest moisturizer.
- Hand wipes
- A 3-season sleeping bag.
- Travel Pillow.
- Small pack towel.
- Headlamp or head torch and spare batteries.
- Shoes or boots for wearing around camp and on hikes.
- Insect Repellent.
- Any medication you may be taking.
- Your favourite book or a journal for recording your river memories.
- Photographic or video equipment. On most expeditions we provide a waterproof pelicase for these items. We recommend a cleaning kit as sand gets everywhere. Bring a spare memory card or plenty of film. Also bring spare batteries for your camera.
- Waterproof disposable for the "action" on the raft shots.
- Swiss Army Knife or Leatherman.
- An extra bag to bring back a wooden hippo, a carpet, Thanka or anything else you may purchase on your holiday.
- An iPod or other music preferences. We have speakers.
- The only money that you need to bring is for meals in town, souvenirs, DVD, personal items and the beer kitty for the raft trip if you drink. Please remember that many of the countries we visit do offer Credit Card and ATM facilities and for a small charge you can withdraw cash either from your account or Credit Card for convenience.
- If you wish to pass on a gratuity to your guide we leave this entirely up to you.
- Basically, we advise you to keep things as light as possible, without skimping on the necessities. It is great to bring back a load of goodies for everybody back at home.
You do NOT need to bring
- Tents, sleeping mats.