No matter whether your idea of being an "adrenaline junkie" is doing a relaxing sunset cruise or doing a gorge swing, this trip has something to offer EVERY taste. In addition to a superb trip down all the best rapids on the Zambezi River and a spectacular helicopter flight back to Livingstone, you'll get to choose from a list of activities to do after your river trip that will make the trip as adrenaline charged or relaxing as YOU choose. With such a wide variety of adventures to choose from including a microlight flight, elephant ride, walking with lions, rhino walk, bridge swing, inflatable kayaking, safari day trip, bungy, tiger fishing or relaxing and taking in the view on Livingstone Island, you'll be spoilt for choice. Come and see why Jack Osbourne and Elijah Wood found this trip so special.
Your Water By Nature trip leader will meet you at Livingstone Airport and escort you to your hotel. Late afternoon, there is the option of a relaxing sunset cruise to help you unwind from your journey. On occasion we see elephant, hippo and other wildlife on the cruise as well as a spectacular sunset.
Not included: Dinner
This morning after a hearty breakfast, we'll take you down to the "Boiling Pot". Here you'll get full safety and paddling instructions before we paddle across the first rapid and experience lunch beneath Victoria Falls. You'll tackle the warm water rapids of the Zambezi in the afternoon, such as Stairway to Heaven and the Midnight Diner. Today we'll conquer more than a dozen world class rapids before we reach camp at Songwe Point. Here you'll have sundowners with your fellow adventurers and guides.
Included: All meals
After the sun wakes you up with it's warmth on the side of your tent, we have a coffee and cooked breakfast, load the rafts we are ready to tackle the warm water of the Zambezi. We run some amazing rapids today including "Creamy White Buttocks, The Mother and the famous Oblivion." As the teams confidence grows, you'll feel yourself tackling some of the biggest rapids in the world with total courage and boldness. Tonight we camp at Bobo camp on the banks of the Zambezi in complete tranquility apart from the crackling fire and a few stories being told.
Included: All meals
You'll really be in holiday mode now as the smell of breakfast wafts over to your tent. Our first rapid this morning is Morning Shower, your wake up call for the day. As the sun dries you off we get to some of the best scenery and most spectacular rapids of the trip. Baobab trees line the shore and we tackle the excellent rapid Open Season and the series of rapids called "The Narrows". We stop for a lunch of salads and a short siesta before the biggest and best rapid of the trip so far, "Upper Moemba". Tonight we camp between this large rapid and Lower Moemba, a portage, a great place for our wine and cheese evening!
Included: All meals
We leave our gear raft guide this morning and we take empty rafts with us and our safety gear to tackle the best rapid of the trip Ghostrider. A series of 3 large waves, this is the best finish to any raft trip in the world. Here, you'll be collected by helicopter and flown back to Taita Falcon Lodge high above the Zambezi, where the whole group will meet up and enjoy a group dinner together.
Included: All meals
Today, you'll have the choice as to how adventurous or relaxing you'd like your trip to be. Simply choose 2 activities from our "African Experience Day" of what you'd like to do and we'll schedule them all in and make them happen.
Half Day- Elephant Walk
Half Day - Lion Encounter
Half Day -Cheetah Encounter (recommended by guests)
Livingstone Island - High Tea (recommended by guests)
Half Day - Canoeing
Half Day - Bridge Swing
Half Day - Tiger Fishing
Included: Breakfast and TWO activities
Today features your "African Adrenaline Day". Bungy or kayaking not your thing? Explore Southern Africas best game reserve in Chobe for the day* (This will require getting a double entry visa upon entry into Zambia) Simply choose ONE Activity from the list and we'll arrange everthing else.
Botswana Safari - Day trip
Inflatable kayaking - recommended by guests
Microlight flight - 15 minutes
Included: Breakfast and ONE activity
After breakfast and perhaps some last minute shopping, we'll take you to the airport for your flight home.
Our detailed adventure dossiers goes into a full daily itinerary for your chosen destination. They will also give you travel advice, visa and currency information, who might be guiding your trip, plus information on ways to extend your holiday.
Download Detailed Itinerary
Dates & Prices
Flights to Livingstone, Zambia
In order to give you increased flexibility for your holiday please call our UK or US office's for advice on who to book your flights with.
Alternatively, why not use your frequent flyer miles for your adventure? There are many options for your flight to Johannesburg with Virgin, Lufthansa, South African or Etihad. Fewer options exist between Johannesburg and Livingstone. This sector you can buy flights with South African or BA. We also suggest checking on Travel Supermarket for good deals. Alternatively we have teamed up with GYT who can provide you with a competitive flight quote by filling out this form on the Water By Nature website. Please ensure you DO NOT book your flights until your trip is CONFIRMED.
We have price and departure information about the following trips in Zambia (river prices only - flights not included).
In order to secure your place you can pay just your deposit now of £400 per person (USD$600 for U.S. customers). The remainder isn't due until 90 days before your trip.
Please note that prices shown in Euros and USD are indicative only, as they fluctuate. The actual rate payable is always GBP only.
Rafting and Adventure - Zambezi Ultimate Adventure
What You Should Bring
We find most of our clients have in their posession already what is needed for our river rafting expeditions. We have broken down here the items into what you'll need on the river and in camp. Each guest will get a drybag to use for the trip once in Livingstone. A short video on the size of this and how to pack your drybag can be viewed here. An equipment list of what you will require for your adventure will be sent to you prior to your departure along with your Water By Nature Travel Bag.
- A pair of Chacos / Keens or similar sandals. (Sandals with a closed toe are ideal)
- A pair of river shorts (longer leg length) Available from our online Water Shop.
- A Swimming costume or bikini for ladies.
- A rash vest (not cotton) or long sleeved top to wear under your personal flotation device.
- A baseball cap for under the helmet to keep sun off – can be purchased from our online Water Shop.
- Chums for fastening your sunglasses to your head – can be purchased on line or from your river crew.
- 1 Litre Nalgene / Sigg or similar water bottle.
- Carabiner for fastening water bottle to your boat.
- Waterproof camera such as GoPro for the ‘action’ shots
- Waterproof sunscreen and lip balm SPF30 minimum.
For evenings and around camp:
- 1 pair of Lightweight neutral coloured long trousers.
- 2 Lightweight tops - long sleeved shirt or t shirt.
- 1 pair of Shorts.
- Fleece jumper / sweatshirt.
- Wide brimmed sun hat.
- A 4-season sleeping bag for August departures, 3-season sleeping bag for September onwards. (Can be hired in advance)
- Travel Pillow.
- Light weight down jacket for August departures.
- Flip flops for wearing around camp.
- Thermal top and bottoms. (Good to sleep in)
- Glasses or Contact lenses. Disposable lenses are ideal.
- Toiletries. Toothbrush, toothpaste, biodegradable soap and shampoo.
- Forget the cosmetics and hair dryer! But we do suggest moisturizer.
- Hand wipes and a small bottle of hand sanitiser.
- Small pack towel.
- Headlamp or head torch with spare batteries.
- Any medication you may be taking.
- Anti malarial medication.
- Insect repellent.
- Your favourite book/kindle or a journal for recording your river memories.
- Photographic or video equipment. We recommend a cleaning kit as sand gets everywhere.
- Spare memory card.
- Solar or portable charger.
- Zip lock bags to keep valuables dry and sand free.
- Rehydration tablets (Phizz, Nuun and O.R.S are easily available)
- The only money that you need to bring is for meals in town, souvenirs, DVD, personal items and the beer kitty for the raft trip if you drink. Please remember that many of the countries we visit do offer Credit Card and ATM facilities and for a small charge you can withdraw cash either from your account or Credit Card for convenience.
- If you wish to pass on a gratuity to your guide we leave this entirely up to you.
- Basically, we advise you to keep things as light as possible, without skimping on the necessities. It is great to bring back a load of goodies for everybody back at home.
You do not need to bring tents and sleeping mats. We supply personal floatation jackets, leg floats and helmets.